Frequently Asked QuestionsSecurity Alarm Systems
Security Alarms FAQ’s
Protect Your Family and Home Using Video Surveillance
Here at Security Alarms we always do our best to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the services we provide, and that they receive answers to any questions they may have.
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions that our current and prospective clients ask. If you have any additional questions, please complete our contact form or call us at 714-636-8555, and we will do our best to answer any and all of your concerns.
1. We already have an alarm system, can Security Alarms monitor our existing system?
Security Alarms can monitor most brands of alarm systems. We can evaluate your existing system while we are providing you with your free quote. This will allow us an opportunity to inspect the system and evaluate the age, condition, and compatibility of the system.
2. If we purchase a new system, do we own it?
No, the equipment is leased for 3 years and automatically renews annually after that. The monthly monitoring fee covers the alarm monitoring and service.
3. Who monitors my system?
Security Alarms’ systems are monitored by a local state of the art facility, manned 24/7/365 by trained staff ready to handle your security needs.
4. How long is my equipment covered under the Security Alarms lease / monitoring agreement?
The initial period is 3 years unless your facility needs a different timeframe. The service agreement will continue as long as you continue to pay the monthly monitoring fee.
5. Who will install my new alarm system and how long will it take to install it?
Security Alarms, Inc will install almost all systems within 1 – 5 days. Special equipment may require one or two days to install. In the case of an emergency, we can usually arrange for same day installation.
6. Will my insurance company give me a discount on my homeowners’ policy because of the new alarm system?
Almost all insurance companies recognize the value of monitored security alarm system by giving their customers a discount somewhere between 5% and 20%. You will need to talk to your insurance agent to determine how much you may receive. Security Alarms will provide verification to your insurance company that you have a monitored alarm.
7. Can I activate the alarm system when I am moving around my house or office?
Your alarm system has a setting that will allow you to activate the perimeter sensors (i.e., windows and doors) while deactivating the motion detectors. This will allow you the freedom to move about your office or home while still being protected by your Security Alarms’ system.
8. I am interested in a Security Alarms, Inc security system. What do I need to do to setup an appointment?
You can click the Get a Free Quote link to request a visit from one of our security professionals or call us at 714-636-8555 and talk to our sales representative to setup your appointment.
9. What does it cost for monitoring?
Our monthly home alarm system and commercial alarm system monitoring fees are detailed on our Alarm detail pages in this site. Please click on the following for monitoring fees. Residential Alarms | Commercial Alarms
10. Can Security Alarms monitor my home or business for fire safety?
Yes, our residential systems can monitor smoke detectors.
11. What brand of security equipment does Security Alarms, Inc install in my home or business?
Security Alarms, Inc proudly uses Honeywell and Ademco alarm security equipment. Honeywell (which owns Ademco) is the most recognized and trusted name in safety and security systems. We also use Amseco products.
12. Will the installation technician hide all the wiring for the new alarm system?
In most homes or businesses, our service technicians do the wiring in the attic space and inside the walls, that way there is no exposed wire that reveals the existence of your alarm equipment. Most residential systems are done wireless now.
13. Does Security Alarms, Inc employ sub-contractors to install alarm systems?
14. How do I arrange service for my alarm system?
You can reach our office anytime (24/7/365) by calling 714-636-8555. A customer service representative will arrange for the service call, usually within 24 hours. Unlike most of our competition, your monthly monitoring fee covers all service call fees. Our customer service representative will answer all your questions.
15. Do I have to replace my own backup batteries for the alarm system?
16. What happens when my alarm sounds?
- When your alarm system sounds – a signal is instantly transmitted to the central station. The central station staff will then know which area of your premises has been violated.
- Central station verifies the alarm – Central Station staff calls your residence or office to verify if the alarm was accidentally tripped. We have your password on file so that you can identify yourself in the event of a false alarm.
- Central station dispatches the appropriate authorities – If there is no answer at the premises or the person who answers the phone does not know the password our central station staff will then dispatch the appropriate authorities. (Police, Fire Service, or Medical).
- Central station will call the responsible parties – After the authorities have been dispatched, we then contact people listed on your “emergency call list” until we reach a person and inform them of the alarm. This procedure can be customized to each customer’s needs.
17. Will the alarm system work if I have pets?
18. How long will my siren sound during an alarm?
The alarm will sound for a minimum of 4 minutes up to the legal maximum of 10 minutes.
19. How do I test my system?
20. What happens if I move?
21. If I already have smoke detectors in my home, why would I want to add additional ones to my alarm system?
22. What do I do if there is a power outage?
23. What can a home surveillance system do for me?
Whether you just want to see who is at your front door or monitor your house from your office, Security Alarms, Inc. has the equipment to handle your needs.
Surveillance cameras can be indoor or outdoor as well as hidden or unhidden, and they are designed with the following options:
- Color Only
- High/Medium/Low Resolution
- Motion Activated
- Infrared Night Vision
- Mini Surveillance Cameras
- Pinhole Cameras
- Weatherproof Cameras
We're Here To Help!
M-F: 9am - 5pm